PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Information
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 00:11
Dmax

I give to everybody my experience regarding the Jet Airways B737 Classic F/O screening:

In November I received the email by 9W (Jet Airways) saying I was suitable for a B737 Classic FO position. After some days, they sent me the dates to choose from. I went for january's screenings.
As they delayed the delivery (by email!!!!) of the Invitation letter to get the Indian VISA at the Indian Embassy in Rome (I'm italian) to few days before Christmas, I needed to go in person to Rome (otherwise I wouldn't managed to do it via post) 2 times (by my own costs) and a total of 6 hours queue, during Christmas holidays.
On 2nd January I left Italy to reach India, Mumbai. I got the assessment (just 40 minutes in the B737-800 sim) and told to proceed to the Head Quarter to speak about result and flight tickets refund, as written in the emails.
Once at the HQ, they told us (me, a Captain and another guy for F/O position) that we passed the assessment, and they showed us the contract details; they told "it will take about 45 days to have all the documentation to let you start flying".
As you can imagine, I was pretty happy, 86's teeth smile on my face.
I come back to Italy after 2 days travelling, tired (jet lag.... ).
I checked the incoming emails and I fund this email (that other guys received):

-----------------
Dear F/O

This is with reference to your application and subsequent screening.

We would like to inform you that we have following criteria for screening

B737 Screning

A minimum of 100 hours on type as P2
If 500 hours on multi-engine-then line released or total 1000 hours
Type rated on fleet
ICAO ATPL / frozen ATPL / CPL
License should be current with Class 1 medical
English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension)

You have cleared the screening however your selection is subject to fulfilling of above criteria. Request you to complete the minimum no. of hours and approach us.

Best regards,
-------------------

They had obviously my details before invite me for the screening... They had my details in front of them while they were spreading the contract on my face...
Why not tell that before? I've sent 2 emails asking for a clarification....no reply by them.
They aren't also too smart....waste money to pay hotels, flight tickets, simulator hours, local transportation and meals to pilots not having the requirements they ask for.

At least I'm an optimistic person...and I take that as a quick trip to India with few costs...

Regards
Davide