PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 17:30
IXNAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And anyone making up their minds to interview or not, or work at EK or not, by what they read on PPrune is nuts. It is so much easier to get on the internet and bitch and complain than it is to post that everything is all peaches and roses. Look on other web boards on the complaints about Southwest, UPS, FEDEx and other high paying first world companies. If you went by what was written, you wouldn't want to go there, either.

It's what your looking for, isn't it? Is it job security, is money, is it family life, is it upgrades, is it partying on layovers, is it destinations? No one airline is going to match up in all of these categories.

But also take into account what those who seem to have distain for management and the company. It seems to be the same 15 or so posters, and if some one says something positive, the are "managment stooges", "loosers", "liers", and on and on. You just might have to fly with one of these happy gents.

Here's something.......if someone could tell me please, what airline in the world can give you more than EK, a B777 or A330 captaincy in 3-4 years and the pay, and better management support and a more profitable airline and a bonus plan and a better retirement fund and housing supplied and better maintenance and job security..............Please tell me, 'cause I will leave my current first world airline and do what I can to get there.

The half dozen or so guys that I know that are at EK are giddy to be there. Simple as that. I tried, but for variouis reasons it didn't work out. Ek doesn't reach the top in any one category, but does anywhere else?

And please boys, tell the better airlines and why?
IXNAT

Last edited by IXNAT; 2nd Feb 2007 at 17:44.