PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 13:53
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh well, I tried... Sorry if me being the eternal optimist offends people, but it's a personality trait, and I can't change it. What you can change though is your job. Call it a cheap shot if you like. Seriously, if you think all other airlines are better to work for, why choose BA? I can't be bothered flying with people who whinge about how bad everything at LGW is. My allowances have definately gone up since long haul started, and I'm baffled that yours haven't. Did you come in via Lhr temp contract?

We at LGW are a community, not just a melting pot of crew. We do care about our t&c's, and don't try to tell me otherwise. If you'd been here as long as some of us have, you know more back ground. Did you know that we've been teetering on the edge of being closed down since way before 9/11? Did you know we don't make a profit? Did you know that our fleet manager actually cares? If you have grievances about your pay and t&c's, talk to your union. That's the only way things can change. Whingeing about it in the smoking area, caff, hotel room or standby room doesn't help and doesn't make change happen. Go to a forum, they're running very frequently at the moment (4th floor). Ask questions then. Arrange a meeting with your pm, fleet manager or whoever can answer your questions. Get some back ground information, put a business head on and then consider your options.