PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YSBK: Another aircraft down but safe
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 10:44
the.phantom.menace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the Feral FO would pounce on this one.

I too heard that a Jabiru went down today @ YSBK.

I wonder if the pilot's employment will be terminated like the previous chap.
The pilot of today's flight will not have his/her employment terminated. The circumstances are different to the previous incident (provided he/she doesn't quit, as the previos pilot did). From all accounts, the pilot of the previous Jabiru was engaged in a heated discussion with the CFI/CP. My understanding is that the discussion was not centred around placing blame on the instructor for the engine failure in anyway, shape or form. It was more of a communication issue. Once again, it is my understanding that he said to his CFI/CP "you're an f****** idiot, I quit". Now from where I stand, "I quit" means the pilot quit. He was not fired.

Pilots terminated and resigning en-mass.
It is my understanding that only 2 resignations have taken place post Warwick Farm incident. Two resignations does not constitute "en-mass". The two resignations were as a result of convenience. Both instructors concerned had applied to other organisations (1 applied prior to the incident), gained employment and THEN resigned from the school operating the Jabiru's. I seriously doubt they would have resigned from the school prior to securing other jobs. Had they not gained employment at the other school(s) they would not be seen to be taking the "moral high ground" that a number of people seem to think they have taken.

The CP of this company must really be in a sweat - especially following the early demise of their BE76 two days ago in yet another incident.
I bet the people from Jabiru are in more of a sweat than he is.

My sources tell me that the BE76 incident to which you refer was a mechanical issue, not pilot error and nothing that the CP/CFI could have done to prevent the incident.

Clearly CASA should be sticking its nose in this one....
I think you should let CASA do its job without offering anymore advice. CASA did not wait for the second engine failure to happen before "sticking its nose in". It was only after CASA and Jabiru inspections that their Jabiru's were allowed to fly again. So in effect CASA did bugger all.

Fair go Feral FO. You've been a member for 8 years and only 3 posts sinking the boot in on 1 thread! Maybe if you get over it and move across to the left seat you can become a Feral Captain!