PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems with suppliers TINY
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2000, 23:44
Tartan Giant

Cool

Hello BlackAdder,

The very thing has crossed my mind not for the first time !

Whilst I accept they have tried to solve my problems (in good faith it must be said, taking the thing back twice ) the fact that the machine is underperforming in my estimation may not be the view they take; so the argument they will put up is that it works, but the customer is not happy...tough !

I continue to have some small unexplained glitches......I have kept the thing running continuously now for days, but this morning I came in to find that the screen saver had frozen ! Terrific.

I copied all my email addresses from my other machine onto a floppy (wab.exe) by the drag and drop method (Windows Explorer).

I checked on the old machine that they had in fact all been copied OK by reading direct from the 'A' drive......they had.
Now I foolishly thought if I go to the new machine fire up Windows Explorer, insert the floppy with these copied addresses and then drag the copied wab.exe file from the 'A' drive, into the Outlook Express folder containing the wab.exe file, ALL my old addresses would be married into the file....HA HA....NO !!

For some extraordinary reason it always only reads/shows the existing addresses on the new machine (reads the wab.exe file).
It refuses to accept what the 'A' drive has waiting to deliver, despite making all the right noises reading the drive !!!

Maybe that's my finger trouble, but I can't find a way to copy my old email address to this new PC.

Another irritation came along after I closed Adobe Photo Delux 3.1 - the icons on the DeskTop ALL had the same 'image' of the little Windows flag thingy.
I restarted the bloody machine, and they all restored to their original form.
Another 'B' defect. Tiresome or what ?

The Air Test can't go on much longer I feel.