PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Question
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 06:10
Rick in Dixie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructor Question

Hi Gentlemen, I have a unique question for an Instuctor or any one else that may be able to help, After I graduated High School back in 1980 , I wanted to inlist in the Army or the National Gaurd primarly to get training to be a helicopter pilot, first off I was denied for the Army and National guard due to a neuological condition called Tourrets Syndrom , i was told I would have to seek private instructions to get involved in Helicopters, now question at hand is would I be able to pass an FAA physical ? In reality I've studied heli flight enough over the years to probably go fly with very little instuction , but the problem is passing that physical , I have no type of movement that would interfer with the collective, cyclic or the rudder control and have complete understanding of the dynamics of Heli flight , I was told that I could get a fixed wing with no problem , but thats not what I want to do . Can someone help me or link me with someone that will know where I stand as far as being able to legally fly. I never thought I would be able drive an 18 wheeler untill someone pointed me in the right direction , then I done it for a living for over 16 years , I keep thinking theres got to be a way to do what I love the most. Thanks