PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 03:20
Ju Ev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!!!

I have applied here in Brazil, and got into the end. It wasn't as hard as I expected, but tiring. Now I have to wait 4-6 weeks to have the answers. Looong weeks....

As I promissed, I'm going to describe in order to help others who are aplying too.

About the first day I can´t say because I have skipped, reasons I have described on a previous post. On the second openday in Brazil (São Paulo) It was about 80 people. men and women. All the girls wearing nice suit (skirt). Make up etc.... They gave us numbers, and there was 2 girls from Emirates. One tall blond pretty woman was from Australia and the other kind of japonese from the Philippinnes. We had to way for about 1 hour and 30 minutes for the first meeting to start. We went to a room they put a video and the questions started. People asked all kinds of questions about the profession, the company, the city. It's nice if you can ask SMART questions, but naturally not about money, beneficts or promotion. This was about one hour. After, we left the room and they separated us in four groups. Two groups went inside, two stayed out. They asked us to talk to the person next to us and ask our partner: The most embarrasing momento of his/her life and the famous person he/she would like to meet. Meanwhile, they were calling one by one to go there and check our heigh.
After, the women came each one in a different group and we had to individually stand up and introduce our colleague. ( tell all the information he told us in a very nice way) After that, she said that group A had to defend the permanence of the planet Pluto into the Solar System and group B had to defend the extintion. We had to discuss and find arguments for that. They were all the time observing what was happening in the group. We had to present aloud ( only 2 members) and we were told to leave the room. This took about one hour. After 15 minutes they came back with the famous letters. About 7 people were out. We left for a quick lunch and the other group came in. The same thing happen except for the second topic. About 5 were out.
Now it was the English test time. We had one hour to do it and there were two types of test. I thought the test was very easy, and the essay topic was ridiculous.... they asked us to talk about Carnival!! A very famous brazilian festival (...) The problem for some people was really the time... Some people couldn't finish the test and weren't able to write the essay well. After this, we had to wait about an hour for them to correct and give us another letter. A lot of people were cut at this moment. I could say that about 20, 25. The next step was the second dynamic work group. We were split in smaller groups (about 5 people) and they gave us a paper to decide who would we give the "employee of the month award". There was about 7 candidates all related with fliying situations. We as a group decided, as they observed. The second task was: We were on a sinking ship, and we had to take 10 itens. What would we take? After deciding, we would have to leave 5 from this 10. What would we leave behind?
We left, the other groups came in. We waited. Some more cuts. In the end we were about 12 people. This twelve went in, filled some papers, and we had to take a psycometric test ( a pain in the ** ) about 160 questions!
Then we schedule the final interview and left. The whole thing took about 12 hours.
Two days later, came the final interview day. It took about one hour. They made everything to make me feel confortable and relaxed. One of them was asking questions and the other taking notes. You never now how you did it. They asked me a lot of questions concerning my job, if I ever got in conflict with coworkers or coordenators ( I´m a teacher), If I ever did more than I should for a student, what are the rules that I would never jeopardize, etc. I have no ideia what is going to happen, but waiting is really bad!!!! Some of my documents were missing. It's reeeally good if you can take everything you need so than your answer comes before. They said I might receive a phone call in 4 to 6 weeks or an email (email is a no answer )

1)I had problems with my pictures. The pictures must be really nice or they don't get it. I took pictures with a professional photographer now. The casual pictures must be full lengh and smilling. The passport pictures (4) must also be smilling and no dates attached on you. And they have a smaller size than here in Brazil.
2)You have to take at least two letters of recomendations from employees or previous (Thanks for the tips from the people here I had taken these!! )
3) You have to take all your certificates, and in my case, they had to be translated by an official translator (State)
4) Copy of passport
All these documents, if you don't have them at the moment it's ok. You have the chance to send to Dubai later. But if you have the time to get them and take them with you, it's better because they will enjoy and you will hear about them before!!!

Now I have to wait... feel anxious. I have no ideia if I did good in the interview.

I hope all this helps. If you need anything, just ask.

Again, thanks to the Emirates people who were here to support me during my process. I will let you know what happens.