PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Xla Lca Base - Not Making Sense?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 01:34
lgwops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Byalphaindia, I feel compelled to correct your post. As an outsider I can offer my opinion on what you have to say.

Why does the basing of an aircraft in LCA obviously have to be cost? Do you have any commercial knowledge at all? It would appear not. Could it possibly be for profit? With the demise of Helios/Alpha jet there is an obvious opening for an operator to step in and serve the local market, Helios operated a fairly large network from LCA/PFO before their tragic crash. I think you will find crew and maintenance will be LCA/PFO based, that would make the most sense and is, I think, fairly obvious.

As for your other comments, whilst they are so far off base as to not warrant a rebutal, I would point out the following; If you could name one other operater who has spare engines sitting around down route I would love to know, the suggestion is ridiculous.

HUY, now theres a thing, I think you'll find that HUY let themselves down from what I hear. Airport not H24, and reluctant to issue TAF's for early arrivals, lack of staff and fog/mist too often and most importantly not a great response from the local public!

If you have an axe to grind with XL then grind it! Don't hide behind illconceived criticism's.