PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 22:24
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FBW, I'm confused... I got the impression you've been at LGW for quite a few years. If I'm wrong, I apologise. If you've been with us for a few years, were you EOG or CF? If on "new" contract (last 2-3 years), the basic for purser should be around 13k. However, ex EOG crew (me included) got the choice of 14 or 15k, depending on increments. Basically, if chose 14k, increments eventually go higher than the ones who chose 15k. I think exCF crew can only go on the 15k scale, but I'm not sure. Definately not fair, I agree. If you're on exEOG/CF contract, take it up with the union, your pm, ss, or whoever will listen. If you're on new contract, I don't know what to recommend. I guess it's to make sure that crew who've only been in the company a couple of years (6 months at the mo!!!!) don't jump the payscale too much, and make crew who've "done their time" peeved off. I don't know, sorry.

In regards to the other issues, are you able to arrange a meeting with SS? I know she talks a lot off oxmanure at times, but it may be helpful. Also, email or call your union tomorrow and ask if you haven't heard anything. At the forum the other day, they said the NSP meeting is happening next week although they want to move it forward...

Pips, I know 1k a month isn't much, I know SOME Easyjet crew earn more. In danger of sounding like a brain washed numptie, you'll have to take the benefits into consideration. I'll give you a few...

Staff travel. We can get cheap (ish) tickets world wide. Easy have the Easy network.
Tax. We get massive tax reductions, Easy don't.
Pay. We get basic+allowances+commission, Easy get basic+sectorpay+commission. They seem like they get more money, but do you really want to rely on your commission and working 6 sectors a day, 6 days a week? They also get on time departure bonus etc, which they lose if even 30 sec late.
Free stuff. Free uniform, free parking. Easy have to pay for both.
Night stops. We get them, Easy rarely do.
Pay rise. Our hourly allowance increases once a year, same with basic. At Easy you could wait for a raise for years, usually only when you get promotion.

I'd recommend for you to chat to some Easy crew (if you haven't already) and ask them how it REALLY is. Not just the money, but the conditions, hours, fatigue, and general happiness. Ask to see a rosta. Why do you think we've got so many exEasy working with us? I've seen some rostas and I wouldn't do that kind of rosta for all the money in the world.

If you still think Easyjet gets a better deal, go ahead and apply. They're looking for more crew. I don't mean to be harsh and horrible about it, but I'd rather you go work for Easy and earn money and be happy than stay with BA and be unhappy and poor if that's how you feel. I would recommend though that you stick around for a bit longer, as the last LH routes came over today, we're starting at least 4 new routes in the summer and bidding should normalise and there should be more work for everyone. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.