PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glastonbury Festival -- (And a cautionary tale!)
Old 1st Feb 2007, 19:52
Xavier Dosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve read the post with interest and although we seem to have digressed onto previous ops at Glastonbury – I do feel that I should at least have my say…

In Finals09 post he says the following:

‘We were then granted a clearance to restriction in flying regulations for this area by the Avon & Somerset ASU Chief Pilot which stated:’

'You are authorised to act on behalf of Avon & Somerset constabulary to grant entry clearances to visiting aircraft to enter the restriction in flying regulations area, subject to the following:

PPR authority is for your site only at Clover Hill Farm'

So, the Glastonbury Heliport Operator was obliged to inform the local Constabulary of the unauthorized movement.

The pilot who entered the TRA without permission, pleaded guilty.

I have worked with Mr. Ford and Mr. Ward in the past and will continue to in the future. My personal opinion is that they both operate to the highest standard (particularly Mr. Ward – no offence James) and would suggest that even if they had spoken with the pilot on the day – the outcome would have been the same.

In answer to the original question – Glastonbury, in my experience is very straight forward and if you have any questions, contact James Ford!

I’m not seeking to criticize anyone who has posted on this thread, but Flying Lawyer – I do think ‘Utter Contempt’ is a bit out of character for you?

XD