PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206: JetRanger and LongRanger
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 18:33
206 jock

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Bell 206: surely I'm not the only one??

Up until S/N 1251, Bell fitted a three part fairing set on Bell 206's (and similar on Agusta units).

Now, these mounted underneath onto the old fabricated T/R gearbox supports with no problem. However, these supports were superceded after 1251 with a cast unit and the manufacturers changed the fairing to a two-part metal design that mounted in a completely different way (they also slightly modded the vert fin and the T/R driveshaft cover).

Now, I've had to replace my support (in compliance with CAA LTO 2897) with a later cast one....but there's no advice from Bell or Agusta on how to mount the older three part fairings as you obviously can't drill into the casting - lots of people have checked and there's nothing. And you can't swap to the two part fairings, as you also need to change the fin etc etc.

So I'm faced with a £20k bill to design a modification to convert my unit. Has anybody else come across this problem and if so how did they solve it? Or is there anyone else out there having the same prob who wants to split the cost of the mod?