PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 13:02
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamgirl, I thought exactly the same as you before I decided to have a family of my own. Now that I am facing this new challenge in my life I have realised that quality of life is important as well. What's the point in going to work if at the end of the day the outgoings are as high as the income?!?

My basic salary, as a new purser, is absolutely ridiculous!! 13k per year? there are main crew on pre 1997 contracts in our fleet who earn much more than that! I do nopt want to earn as much as LHR, our allowances work in a different way, but I just want what is fair! Post 1997 increments for LHR in basic salary....why not for LGW?!?

I just think that this attitude of complacency from some of our colleagues is not very good and BA takes advantage of it. I do not care if we have to compete with low cost airlines, we are NOT a low cost airline and we all work for BA Plc. I know some people are looking more into the EC Art 141 and cannot wait to hear what they have found out. Something is wrong and BA is clearly taking the p