PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF withdrawing WLG-MEL / WLG-BNE Routes in favour of Jetstar
Old 1st Feb 2007, 12:55
flyingins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete,
Sorry, mate. I keep forgetting that using facts in any discussion with you is a complete waste of time . As for believing my own spin, I could very well accuse you of the same thing.

And so I will.

Doors Off, let me respond to the following three quotes;

1) "I am not a fixed wing driver, never have been, never will!"
You debase your argument from the outset. Commencing a tirade in this manner is a little like me saying to a Doctor; "I am not a surgeon, never have been, never will!" and then finding fault in his or her technique. What would I know? In this case, what would you know? Clearly very little.

2) "Because they are very experienced (GA, Ex-Mil, Ex etc), have the best training and are bloody good."
Not too sure how to best respond to this one. Where do you think Jetstar's pilots come from? It's a little difficult debating a point based on ignorance but once again, what would you know? Clearly very little.

3)"How silly of their drivers and crews to bend to QF main demands."
As TopperHarley correctly points out, Jetstar pilots are paid a good deal more money than their Jetconnect counterparts. Perhaps more to the point, how silly of "QF main" to fail to assist Jetstar's "drivers and crews" in their efforts to be paid more. After all, there are 2500 of them and at the time of the last EBA, there were 250 of us. But I diverge from the thrust of this post. What would you know? Clearly very little.

Basically, what I am trying to say is this. Doors off, until you actually have even the vaguest of ideas about what it is that you are talking about, be quiet.

There's a good lad.