PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 12:55
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volant77, it's not that we don't care. Most of us just didn't feel that the issues brought to the table by bassa had anything to do with us. We've been sold down the river for so many years by bassa at lhr especially, and as much as it's frustrating, there isn't that much we can do about it. We're still fighting for breakfast (whatever bassa says, it's not decided yet).

What you'll have to realise is that we're trying to compete with lo-co's and other airlines at lgw. I don't believe that we should get paid less for that, but it's just the way it is (v annoying I know).

We've been fighting to enter the NSP for years, and we're finally in there, as such. Unions at lhr put as many spanners in the works for years, and now there are still restrictions in place. You know it says we can't do more than 12.5hrs? We can, after negotiations, but that was put into our MOA as lhr were worried we'd come in and "steal" spaces on their duties, an example being not enough wwlhr crew to operate NRT, but plenty from lgw. In theory we could do it, but it would have to be agreed by unions. I just wonder what happened to helping colleagues out, really.

I truly wish there wasn't such a divide. I wish we could all fight for the same issues. I wish this world was fair. However, I'd rather earn a bit less, get my promotion (oh, did that already), and most of all have FUN at lgw. It's all about finding out what's important to you. Basically, if we were to be paid as much as lhr, with the same restrictions as them (cat lounge etc), we wouldn't have a fleet at lgw. Simple as that. Unfortunate, yes.

The last 3 routes have started today, and hopefully we should all see some improvement in our rostas and pay soon. It will get better, Carmen will get better (she's terribly confused at the moment) and soon you'll be having the time of your life.