PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 11:58
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
true - I have only to 'suffer' a 5 year increase but without any of the sweeteners offered to BALPA or BASSA.
The 'sweetener', as you like to call it, was as compensation for the 5 years over and above the 5 years that ALL will have to work.

I would also point out that you are not being asked to work an extra 10 years for nothing - from the day I joined this company I have listened to FC complaining about being forced out at 55 and I've lost count of the times I've gone on the flight deck of other airlines and found 'retired' BA FC.
And your point is? I can see no relevance to what you are saying. We are talking about loss of retirement benefits or working longer to achieve those same benefits.

[quote]The increments do not affect anybody other than post 1997 joiners.
who will be with the company for decades to come - boosting their take-home pay by a significant amount.[quote]

Self funded.

I can see why you think the results didnt make a strike worthwhile but you forget that the majority of ground staff are not on the very generous salary package that you are
Again irrelevant and open to anybody with an ATPL.

and an increase in pensionable pay and extra increments would make a big difference to their standard of living
No it won't it helps offset 5 years of the extra 10 needed to earn the same pension benefits.

It is plain that you are looking at the world through green glasses and I will leave further explanations to somebody else. I fear your mind is made up and judging by the paucity of your arguments I am wasting my time.