PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF withdrawing WLG-MEL / WLG-BNE Routes in favour of Jetstar
Old 1st Feb 2007, 10:08
Doors Off

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I am not a fixed wing driver, never have been, never will! But I am a consumer who values my life. I regularly fly BNE-WGN rtu with Q. I am happy to pay the extra dollars for a lot of reasons, most importantly is that the quality of crew up the front is very highly paid! WHY? - Because they are very experienced (GA, Ex-Mil, Ex etc), have the best training and are bloody good. When the crap hits the fan, I want the best aviator up the front not the guy with enough of pappies money or in debt up to his eyeballs, worried about his next meal at home for his family, who paid for his sim time and interview. He/She will not be as good. My posterior is not for sale on the international stock market nor a commodity to be traded to enhance shareholders lattes. I will vote with my feet and fly with another airline. Jetstar can stick it.
How silly of their drivers and crews to bend to QF main demands. Yes they have a job, purely as an underpaid bus driver. Maybe they should have tried harder at school so that they could have the privilege of carrying the maximum amount of precious passengers under the best practice and be paid the correct amount of money. QF management does not deserve the protection of our government any longer. Maybe some of the bonuses they recieve should be rolled into dividends.