PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do pilots do that 'irk' you?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 09:14
duece19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess you as a pilot could learn alot from reading this thread. But letīs turn the steak for a second... just because I can.

How about that time when, after telling SS tower that we can stay on the SID ONLY due to CB cells on both sides, and being told that "okey I shall tell radar"
Getting airborne and told to turn left hdg 310 and head straight in the cell please.

We answered Unable due to CB ofcourse, and was again told "TURN LEFT HDG 310" with an litter stronger voice this time. Unable again, we aint risking it sir.

Then told to level off at 5000 whilst passing 5900 as already cleared FL70.

Now here comes the best bit... after recieving the appropriate? amount of abuse for not complying we hear an easy calling in after takeoff... controller ask if the easy can take a turn to 310... NEGATIVE due to CB..

then silence was all that we heard.

Whilst its easy to appreacitate the stress the situation may have caused on the controller I dont think there was any need to give us pure abuse for denying an unsafe clearence... especially when we took our time explaining to the twr.

So thats it... turn the steak back again so maybe we can get some more feedback from the daily operation

duece