PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia IV
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 02:23
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cart.. Allow me to retort...

A 744 that every sector for 8 sectors the area behind the Y/C galley flooded to the point we couldnt have pax sitting there. The engineer said ' Oh it's happened on this aircraft for a while now ... we cant work out why ... its a mystery!' What-the ?
Answer. The reason any galley floods is due to blocked drains due to someone with the same mentality that was flushing blankets. In recent weeks this kind of event has been increasing. Only CC to blame there.

My last sector there was an oven out and two coffee brewers out in the Y/C galley (744). A quick look at the log book and it had gone through SYD twice since the original notification..Was told on my last sector ex SIN 'We don t have the time to fix it,
This is one of the reasons for the new cabin log as dedicated people will monitor defered/known faults so they get fixed
SIN/BKK/HKG does not have parts or time. Get over it and make sure the defect is written up into a port with ground time and it will be actioned.

but seriously, why would we bother logging anything when it seems to go on for months and months before (if ever) being fixed?
Its your job

Myself, like many others, feel like the engineers dont believe us, or think we dont know how to work something when we log things
I hate to say it but this could easily be attributed to L/H CC personalities.
Many come across as whingers and wow is me types.