PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 23:56
keeponsmiling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I too am cc for DJ and the EBA has been discussed on most flights of late.. however this is because everyone is concerned and has a right to voice there concerns to other cc. When and where else are we able to discuss these matters (surely not with your mates outside of work who have no idea how our company EBA works etc).

I am definitely concerned about the rumours about the EBA that are going around and hope some of them are not true.
1- our available days are now going to be re named "grey days". yes you are still on call and yes it is still at home but no you will not be paid anything for them. Gee that's real staff incentive isn't it.
2- our overnights are going to be dramatically reduced, due to the Sydney base being opened up and our crew complement reduced to 4. Therefore our pay is going to be cut once again.
3- Our 4 sector days may turn into a norm of 5 sectors with a lower rest period.

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of the things I have mentioned (yes I understand no one knows what is in the new EBA until we all read it) but almost everyone has heard the same things, which I'm praying will not pop up in the EBA and if they do, that most people will vote no to them.

So what incentive remains for cc? We won't be able to make anymore money (which most people count on from the available days and overnights - kiss those Sydney overnights goodbye).