PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Body found in landing gear bay on BA B744 @ LAX
Old 31st Jan 2007, 16:46
easyduzzit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contrary to popular belief this is not that uncommon!

I have personally been involved with 2 incidents, one hopeful in a B747 WW & another in an A300.
the former being MH747 from Kuala Lumpur arriving in JNB & latter EK from JNB/Comoros arriving in DXB!
The second idiot apparently did a few sectors as well, prior to discovery!!!
Hence the now present procedure to open landing gear doors for inspection on every Daily check, however only on the airbus 330 & 310 as some people still believe this cannot occur on a B777 or A340!!!

HAWK21- one can practically see the entire areas of the B747 wheel wells from the ground with a flashlight or the lights switched on, by standing inboard of the aft body gears axles looking forward, especially where one "in the know" could easily position himself to be clear of the gears coming in! However, there is the temperature penalty & then the loss of oxygen so ones chances in any flight greater than 30mins are zero!
If you're really short it would require a jump or two or standing on the wheel rim!
I take particular time to inspect wheel wells especially of flights from certain parts of the world, looking for stowaway hopefuls, or whats left of them!
The damage to aircraft parts or systems would be my priority.

PA- I like your sense of humour!
Reminds me of the decal on the B777 #2 cockpit window, which alerts flying crew to the fact that his window is open when slid back!!!

Tigggermoth- You have to be kidding Man?
Aircraft are designed for minimum weight & for the operation of "reasonably intelligent" individuals. Idiots or the ignorant who get too close to them are only putting their lives & others around them in grave danger.

Paxboy- in full agreement. Pictures of blood & guts & dismembered bodies hanging out of wheel wells, displayed around airports in these 3rd world outfits would be the only effective solution.

I cant say I find this at all SAD, other than the stupidity of the individual involved! And then there's the Movies...... Sorry!