PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FSTA-When?
Thread: FSTA-When?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 16:34
D-IFF_ident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it is a rumour network...

How about we take some of the money from the sale of the Typhoon to Saudi and use it to buy some new tankers? Better than spending it on wining and dining foreign Nationals so they might buy some more of them. We'll have a year or so to do the acquisition - bearing in mind that our first batch of fighters won't arrive - because they've been sold abroad. Then...

We'll have to act fairly fast - if the US are going to replace their KC135s over 10 years then there might not be any feasible frames available - all the 777s and 767s will be bought and there may even be a shortage of 310s/330s.

A330s, in the same fit as the RAAF's frames are our best bet - especially since Northrop Grumman might not bid to the US. "But we don't want booms" I hear you cry - "Yes we do" I answer - if we want to be serious players in the Global War on Reality then we need to be able to refuel all-comers. And we could force extend each other - now is the time to get into the game - esp with ATP 56(B) about to be released.

Okay - back in my box.