PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 16:00
ITO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks..

Let's hop a good luck to each and everyone of you attending a cabin crew selection with any airline around the world. I'm one of thoes many cabin crew flying around drawing holes in the skies, attending the "DING DONG" and trying to give the persons what they need while flying for A to B, and more, trying to assure there safety, the only thing that a passenger never think about once onboard. Good luck for you guys that are taking, or going to take any airline CC interview. However, I think that as cabin crew, we should warn our followers about the job, because it's all except an easy one. Selections, and talking about your self during the interview, and all that crap are just something that you'll pass through once, in order to face the real thing. And some time, it can be a really awfull situations !

What I would like to say is, that beeing a cabin crew, is beeing a very hard worker, specially if flying for a major airline like Emirates. I'm flying for here directe rivale, and it's really taugh to represend such big airlines, as they always exept 100% from you, and not only them, but the customers aswell. Of cours that's normal you'll say and I agree, but 100% means 100% and for thoes who think that they are going on a free holidays working as cabin crew, they are making a very big mistake. I remember my interview when people where saying, I want to be a cabin crew because I like traveling. But nobody and absolutely nobody, including me, said that they like to work with people, and that's what a cabin crew do.

Beeing a cabin crew, be ready for :
-HARD WORK
-FACING CRAZY PEOPLE.
-SUPPORTING THE BAD MOOD OF CUSTOMERS, and be ready to face some real challenging situation where you'll have to be really patiant, otherwise you'll probabelly kill that person. Once I've been insulted by a customer who told me "**** YOU" because I asked him to seat down and to fasten his seat belt while he was standing up during the final approach, trying to take his bag down from the overhead bean + he was a littel bit drunk.
-SUPPORTING THE MOOD OF YOUR SUPPERIORS. Some are sometime rud to there crew, just because they feel more powerfull, and it gets really rediculos when it's them who are talking about not beeing rude to everyone among the crew or the customers.
-SUPPORTING what the company impose to you, supporting long haul flight, night flight, working in a row, coming in the morning going in the evening.
-SUPPORTING LONLINESS sometimes, specially for the new commers, during the first few months. Girles over here used to cry every single night, away from home on a new environement where they have nobody.

Concidering something new in you life, is to concidere aswell the bad side of that thing, and the few points above are a part of what you'll face as a cabin crew. You'll be testing your self, and you'll really get to know the limit of your self on what you can take, and what you can't, specially with Emirates, and all the middle east airlines, as we have a difficult customers profile. As one of the crew said before, around 6/12 months, you'll know if you'll continue doing this, or if you'll pack up your bags and get ready to leave back home, regaining a normal life.

The good part is that you'll see things that you would never expect to see, you'll meet different people, who will maybe become freinds, you'll earn good money, always in the best hotels enjoying there free facilities, or having discounts. You'll be having dicounts on airline tickets, to your family aswell ( but not freinds ), things will become easy to get sometimes, you'll be wearing a nice uniform and everybody will be watching you in the worldwide airports like if you are coming from another planet. That will make you prode, a second.

You can take the opportunity, try, and see if you are made to be a cabin crew, or not. However, as I said, it's not an easy job for thoese who thinks that it is one.

It was my minute.
Good luck and safe flight.