PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generic Interview & Recruitment Questions
Old 31st Jan 2007, 13:16
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jenn, I work for BA at LGW, and I love it! (Well, most of the time, lol). Don't worry if you haven't got long hair, as long as it's in a sort of business-like style and clean it should be fine (basically no super spiky trendy stuff). You might get weighed, but they shouldn't do it, as it's against some European Law or another. However, if they want to weigh you, just let them (shows you're co-operative etc). A little bird (galley fm, jungle telegraph...) tells me that we'll be recruiting soon, so keep an eye out on the web site. Good luck!

Eurofly, I don't think any airline would consider anyone under 18 years of age, regardless of whether you'll be 18 by the time you start. Please wait until after your 18th birthday and then apply. Most airlines will state age and other qualifying factors on their recruitment web sites. I'd recommend for you to either continue college or get a job in customer services, as this is usually what airlines like. Just have a look at the different web sites and they'll tell you what they're looking for. I wouldn't recommend any of those "wanna be cabin crew training courses" that you find in papers and magazines either. They cost a lot of money and won't guarantee a job at the end. Hope this helps and good luck.

A1tone, the reason most airlines states 5'2 is so you can reach the over head lockers and any equipment stored in the ceiling of the aircraft. I don't know of any airline that recruite under 5'2, but keep looking, there must be one out there, I'm sure.