PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 11:55
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How successful were Air Wales with the CDG, considering it was on behalf of baby?
Obviously baby felt then that it wasnt worth a 737, so why would it change now.
On the other hand. It must have been alot of leisure pax, if i remember rightly the ATR's were often overloaded with luggage....this wouldnt have happened if some/most pax were business pax.
How did Air Wales operate it...timings, frequency etc?
people dont think of Thomsonfly as a LoCo, in my experiance. That is why I would except it would be better for WW to operate Paris and Barcelona (or yes, even BE.)
Thomson have the marketing power to overcome it. TOM operate AMS, PRG, BCN, VLC etc from CVT/DSA/BOH, not your average bucket and spade charter they are best known for, and also high freq.
Thomson will be able to market ORY as a leisure route. Pax do see Thomson as a Leisure operator. But if word spreads and its the only option, then maybe some business pax may catch on.
Could FlyBe - CDG on a DH8, and TOM - ORY on ATR4 work along side each other?
CDG being for business pax, ORY for Leisure pax. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt ORY the airport that serves Disney? and CDG not only provides links to Paris itself, but also Transit pax connecting to elsewhere from CDG?