PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hempel's v FTA
Thread: Hempel's v FTA
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 10:25
MCKES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTA - Good = some great instructors, good range of aircraft
- Bad = aircraft are old and tired sometimes not in best of nic but they are certainly airworthy, High price.
RQAC - Good = Great instructors, friendly ( club ) atmosphere, well kept and maintained aircraft. Smaller than a normal sausage factory outfit. Excellent price!!
- Bad = Not a huge range of advanced aircraft - (above six seats).
After flying with FTA for about six lessons I changed to RQAC due to the better atmosphere, great aircraft, good instructors CBT all done on the CASA syllabus, Great price - I can fly a current model 2001 c172R, for $241.50 compared to $248 for a C152 at FTA these are Dual prices. As for Hempels the times i have spoken to them they have seemed helpfull and sincere, though i have heard otherwise Jks because i will probably be doing aeros with them. Does anyone else no of anywhere in Bris that does aeros through to comp level or now of anyone who may have a plane that would be willling to teach me, as i am extremely interested in aerobatics. The only problem for me is that at the moment due to age I am ready to go solo but cant untill march. I am interested in doing some aeros probably some time after march. Anyway cheers and God Luck with your training!