PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BoganAir and Mr Eslake
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 07:33
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longjohn - that was my late dad's nickname in the RAAF. Like it! Wear it well.

There is nothing I enjoy more than sending "bogans" families on the holiday of a lifetime.

It may be Gold Coast or LAX and Vegas. Normally we direct them as to what to do and see and with the US add the very cheap Vegas addon into the mix if it fits the budget.

Almost without exception they come back into the office with wide eyes and huge smiles to say thank you. That makes me feel great! if you don't get blown away by the Star Trek Experience ride at the Las Vegas Hilton, there is no hope for you.

However there are different levels in "Bouganville". There are the hard working bogans who do a job and do it damned well. We all rely on them and the skill levels we could never get a handle on, and the life support systems for genitals who hump frantically at the first mention of a new subsidy for having more kids.

I will be seeing my favourite bogans tomorrow - the Z car doctors - to solve a slight smoke problem from the right bank of cylinders, and I am a stranger in a strange land there.

A new turbine in my future I feel.

Today was busy, but we only had 5 calls from the dark side including one who said to my office manager "Is that Jet thingy? - ya know - the airline?"

Maybe we can top up resources by applying for an open ended carers pension.

It is getting horribly close to a full moon though.

Ah well - the Loco Bloko and Mrs Loco are off to the cricket in MEL at the weekend. Oh - and so are the Z keys. 22 year old son is home and puppy sitting. I am a lot of things, but thick apart from stature is not one of them!

Best all

EWL