PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do pilots do that 'irk' you?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 05:41
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clipping the readback, ie After saying "Shark 3 maintain 3 thousand" the relpy is "ousand, shark 3"; when asking to say the readback again I get a "UMPH (explitive toned), three tousand, shark three"; or "...TTTTHHHHRRRREEEEE thousand, shark 3"

If only the readbacks could actually be heard from our end; best thing is famil in ATC positions.

Make sure you don't get offended if asked to say something again, it's cause
a) didn't hear you say what I though (ie it was wrong), or
b) I didn't hear you say the critical info; it's not a go at your professionalism; but it is after getting a response as above.

Remember most ATCs have multiple frequencies (mostly on retransmit) and multiple coordlines (phone + intercoms); at times we can have 5 or six voices all at once; or radio garble; it's pretty obvious why we didn't hear the readback from you, from our end!

I'm with DP re the "reason" for an instruction; if you have reason not to accept my "Clearance" let me know, not the other way around. (Of course we all know that most delays and amended routes and track shortening denials are puely for controller amusement; ie big sky theory always works right?)

I also like the requests for direct and or high speed after making you go slow and vectoring for spacing; hilarous! Also vectors/speed control are not always about a sequence there is this pesky thing called separation too!