PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB Bulletin: Morecambe Bay
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 22:36
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember a time on Pprune when Pprune meant just that....
professional pilots rumour network.
The professionalism in us catered for the standard of the discussion and the moderators moved in when it got 'out of hand' (on those rare occasions).
It now seems (to me) that more and more (recent) members are fighting shy of discussing these rumours, or chewing over what has been / has not been disclosed.
It's as if the nanny state is pervading the very existence of free speech. I feel we are quietly sinking under a morass of political correctness; insidious malaise rather than refreshing discourse. Fear of "the fear of upsetting anything or anyone"
Look back over similar instances like this thread, why don't you?
If you were at work or in the bar, you'd chat about this....why not here also - a dedicated vehicle for such issues.

Provided one delivers a constructive opinion devoid of libel or harrassment, what harm does it do?

Are we all going to end up checking our "six" all the time? This isn't Russia for goodness sake

It won't resolve the issue, it won't (if handled correctly) upset friends and relatives - if we debate it healthily, it will simply define us for what we are: inquisitive, curious creatures. Nothing more, nothing less.