PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 22:12
Get Smart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I don't think BA crew have been 'sharfted'. I don't think we had a strong enough case to strike if the first place. But, whether you like it or not, BASSA enabled the BA crew to decide for themselves.
Sure, some issues needed addressing (EG300 for instance), but I would have to ask, in all honesty, what main crew member in the UK earns £18600 + generous allowances, earns 3 mbts after most trips, has an 'early report' day off before a 7.30am duty, stays in a hotel during standby AND gets paid £79 for that, gets proper bunk rest with special fluffy sleeping bags etc etc. In comparasion with other airlines, we don't do badly. It's true to say, I joined BA for quality of life. I have no complaints therefore, I don't feel 'sharfted', I don't feel like I'm the 'laughing stock' of the industry as some put it. I feel quite lucky.
Oh, and usually, it works out we only ever do 4 trips per month. I have plenty of friends in other airlines that work 3 times as hard with very little reward. Life outside of BA is a different story.