PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK military pay rise 2007
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 21:05
ethereal entity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Solution is radical, yet simple

Gents,

It is readily apparent to the vast majority of the Armed Forces that Brown hates us. He lied about the last defence review when he said it was driven 'by the need for effective armed forces', then told the treasury he could 'give them half a billion back' before the review had started. He should have be taken out into the street, and laid bare whilst forced to tell the truth about how much he hates spending a single penny on the armed forces and how much he begrudges every pound that goes on defence and not on vote winning projects in labour constituencies. Blair and Brown are driving the armed forces like 16 year old joyriders drive a stolen car - they are oblivious to the pain and suffering they cause, as long as they gain some satisfaction, and impress their mates. Personally, I think that if Tony Blair were to be tried for crimes against the British people, he would be unanimously found guilty, and should be treated as we have traditionally treated traitors, for make no mistake, that is what he is.

As far as a pay award goes - forget anything remotely fair. This is what SHOULD happen:

1. An average squaddie goes to war, fights for his country, and risks getting killed. FACT.

2. A brand new, shiny, police officer serves their country, and risks life and limb. FACT. They also go home most nights and don't spend months away.

3. Firemen - see point 2

NEW POLICE AND FIREMEN GET PAID ALMOST 50% MORE THAN SQUADDIES.

IS THIS FAIR???!!!

More to the point, Brown, (the most dangerous man in the world if you are British - make no mistake) - is it fair? - you MUST say that it IS, because you created this situation!

So, Gordon - answer me now or later, but the truth will out - it always does. Even if I have to march into parliament in my uniform and confront you face to face (Did you even know we (military officers) have a right to do that - well I've checked, and we do) - Look forward to seeing you soon - I will be armed with the facts and the truth, and I strongly suspect that I will tear you apart. Traitor.

A fair pay rise is 50% for the lowest ranks, 5% for the highest, and an incremental rise in between. If you are worth even a 40% pay rise (you're not - you are a leech on the British psyche), then you havre to admit that the armed forces are worth more than you - they work harder, longer, and for others, not for their own gain - who could say that about you - only you, I suspect.

I hate you