PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do pilots do that 'irk' you?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 19:08
Cough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.Pilots who finish every readback with "confirm". Give the readback, if it is wrong I will correct you, if it is right you will hear either sweet silence, or more probably me moving onto the next aircraft. There is no need to finish every readback of instruction with "confirm".
I am guilty, but I do it for a reason. Ok, I have heard your instruction and my version differs from my mates coz he has dialled in a different height/hdg etc into the AFDS to what I believe is correct, so after the end of the readback I add confirm. Whist getting confirmation from you in what could be quite a quick manner (many ATCO's either reply 'Negative....' or 'Correct' and carry on, my mate also knows that the readback has been verified so can amend what is in the AFDS. Its quick and effective and sorts the conflict that has just arisen in the flight deck - The one you cannot see!

Hope that helps - BTW I am shorthaul so end up flying quite a bit and end up using this about once a month. When I do, its useful...