PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Airlines
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 14:58
no chicken only beef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PR

PR,

True that there are a lot that can fill the criteria of what PR wants in its cabin crew Ex.....-college degree and age requirment. But you have to remember that there are millions of Filipino graduates who are 25 and below that flood the job market each year, not even 1% of these graduates will make it into the ranks of cabin crew both in the domestic as well as internationaL arena (trust me to a be a flight attendant in the Philippines is a sought after-high prestige job). They do fit the age and educational attainment criteria but not the aesthetic and physical requirment.

So that leaves us with the "FEW" that are chossen as cabin crew. Let me be brutally frank, even within the ranks of the "FEW" you will find rotten apples, but these days this is more the rule than the exception. It is unbelievable where they find these people. I have made mental notes everytime I fly with any of the local airlines. Here's a run down.

(this is a general assesment, not everybody falls in a single category)

Philippine Airlines
- there is no consistancy these days,there are a lot of young cabin crew in domestic who's communication skills are left much to to desired. Some are very attractive and very well groomed thats a point I give them. But there are some crew that just begs me to question them "Where did they get this person?".

Air Philippines- very attractive and well groomed, almost the same as PAL.

Cebu Pacific- Unattractive, unprofessional, horrible uniform, zero poise and grooming. Sorry to say this but they're like glorified tindera's (but better salary than Pal or Air phil) The cabin crew feel NO PRESTIGE working for this airline . They dont even have a grooming or poise and decorum course.

Asian Spirit- the ugliest girls in the sky. Sorry guys

The ones that apply and make it into international are considered the lucky ones. The ones that are left behind......well! really need to work on themselves.

We have a saying here in the Philippine Aviation scene "Don't take it personally and try and try and try and try some more up until thy're sick and tired of your face, that they hire you in the end".

good luck people

ncob