PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA - Visa and TSA Requirements
Old 30th Jan 2007, 01:05
AHMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Thank you for the replys.

I am glad it worked out smoothly for you BigGrecian & Slopey. Might i presume you are both white and don't have foreign (at least of arabic origin) names, and also i think one of you is HM Forces according to the profiles - so maybe this helped grease the wheels - i don't know.

I was merely talking from my personal experience and the things i was told which were pretty racist and discriminatory - he represented the US Immigration service as a whole and told me those things.

I also questioned regarding the hour building as this could be done without a visa as it is flying for pleasure and is eligible under the Visa Waiver Programme and he just laughed and said "don't even dare - you'll be sent back even attempting to fly in the US" - so i think that says it all.

One of the things i was highlighting was that i had all of my paperwork in order, every form I-20, Sevis Receipt, all the DS-15x's, all the supporting paperwork and the photo thing was sorted before the interview as i arrived in plenty of time.

As i said before i was told basically "you're not welcome" which based on my history and credentials was totally confusing and very difficult to understand.

The point i was making was that it was put across to me in a crystal clear fashion that because the US profile for a terrorist is somebody between 16-40 years of age, non-white skin (i have olive skin), black hair, and has an (arabic sounding name) then anybody fitting that profile was going to be scrutinzed considerably.

BigGrecian said in his email "100's of students" - just out of interest was it a flight school? and how many of those students had waited the 3-6months for the additional processing to be completed?

I am sure if i waited the the 3-6 months for this process to be completed they would have no choice but to issue me with a visa - mainly because i am not a terrorist and have always been of good character + my intentions are genuine. But 3-6months in someones plan is a huge chunk of time to break from training and i have decided to look elsewhere and write off the fortune i've already paid in fees just to get an interview.

This was my unfortuante personal experience - i hope it doesn't happen to anyone else but i am sure it will - because if the US doesn't realise that a terrorist could be anyone (of any creed, color, ethnicity etc) then this will happen to many other people and every time it does it will be racial discrimination - a very poor state of affairs.

Respectfully,

AHMC