PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 21:15
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here here Caaardiff, I totally agree with you there.

Gate 15 is a waste of time, but apparently it is going to be used as a bussing gate. Maybe if there is a flight boarding from nearly all of the gates at the airport (like in the summer or during rugby flights) then this gate would be justified but other than that i can't see why it would be used, and i haven't yet seen it be used. Looking at the Masterplan it seems that when they extend the walkway out towards BAMC then gate gate 13-14 walkway will dispapear and the road will go in fron ot the stands. This will then make it not possible to put a domestic arrivals in that area unless they remove the security building. Immigration do allow domestic flights to use the new pier, providing there are no international flights using it the same time, but Special Branch will only see flights from gate 1 because of recording equipment.

Also looking at the plans, ICS building will disapear and the Staff car park.

Somone mentioned the multi-storey car park. This is planned but not anytime soon.

Gate 11A - Now this is definetly a waste of time. There is no way to enter this gate other than from the apron. No other doors other than a fire exit. What is the point of this?

Anyone seen the planes of the new extension instead of the tent? I know theres belts being placed at ground level but are they going to extend departures or will it be yet another extension of the exec lounge? I believe once they make the whole of upstairs the departure lounge, then maybe there will be a chance of better facilities.

Is anyone going to the consultative meeting tomorrow? If they are could they post some notes on here please.