PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 19:34
Da Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sent to me from the Trotskyits, I particularly like the bit about the wife and kids, absolutely priceless........ and true to BASSA's soviet style propaganda.

A message from the Branch Secretary
Please read this very carefully and trust what I say.
Today the 9 people Branch Committee had to take a very tough decision. BA had tabled their final offer and asked that the strike be called off. This offer, they said, would be withdrawn forever if the committee turned it down. 9 people then had to decide if this was a bluff. It was not an easy call to say the least. A majority decided to accept the offer. Democracy therefore decided that the strike would be called off. The majority that decided to accept the vote did it with integrity. They did it because they genuinely believed it was in the best interests of you the membership. Their decision should be respected without reproach. They have fought hard for you and have achieved what they think is the very best. I cannot now accept or tolerate the abuse that is being handed out towards them on the forum, and in particular **********y, the Chairman. I have worked with **** for 10 years now and he has fought with all his might to protect you the membership.

His position has put him in the forefront and he is now being villified publicly for having the courage of his convictions. You might not agree but you simply must not abuse him or his family. **** is a very decent honest man who simply is doing what he thinks is right. How do you think his wife and daughters are feeling reading such abuse? Please now is the time for calm. Everyone take a deep breath. Whatever you think of what has been accepted let me tell you that BA have learned a lesson and I do not say that in a gloating manner. I truly believe Willie Walsh now realises that he presides over a massive industrial relations problem and I also believe he will address that situation. You have spoken and they have listened. A deal was done. Some think the deal is acceptable, others thought it could be bettered but that is now history. The cold facts say however that BA were dragged to the negotiation table and important concessions were given.
It is more important than ever that we unite behind what has happened and congratulate ourselves on achieving the most marvellous ballot result in history. Have no doubt BA will have taken heed, they are not that stupid, they know things will have to change if they are ever to again win the respect of their cabin crew. Whichever way you look at the "deal" that has emerged you really should all be very proud. Let's all now pull together in one direction, tomorrow is another day and BASSA needs you the membership to be behind it and not fragmenting amongst a torrent of personal abuse. We
have enough enemies out there without fighting each other.
A sincere and heartfelt thank you to you all.
Regards