PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 19:30
Merlinrabbi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilotfancy21
Hi all,
I have some doubts regards cadet pilot application, lets have some introduction about myself:
I had just finished my contract in the Air force, currently holding a engineering diploma and will finish my degree in aerospace by July this year. I had come across the cadet pilot application in the classified and is tempted to apply to fulfill my aspiration as a pilot. But i am in a dilemma now over whether to apply now with a diploma or to wait until i get my aerospace degree to reinforce my chances. I am a person who do not want to fight a unconfident battle as I learnt from some pilot website which stated its better to apply with a degree. On the other hand, i began to probe if i dont apply now, the chances will be slimmer at next recruitment as the quota for cadet pilot will be filled and the demand is not there anymore.
Any bros out there who is also reaching a cross-junction of our life? Pls don't ask me to read other thread as i still have not got an similar answer from this forum. Maybe any pilot wannabes or pilot already in SIA can advice me on that... Thanks a million!!!!!
Hi Pilotfancy21,
To be honest, I'm not too sure whether your aerospace degree will help you in securing the cadetship in SIA. In SIA, there are doctors, lawyers, engineers, accoutant, diploma holders, even 'O' levels holders (though they are very senior in SIA) in the cockpit.
I think most applicant fail in their interview and that has nothing to do with the amount of paper qualification they have.
But, I will strongly recommend that if you are already in your bachelor course, finished it because at least you have something to fall back to if you do not make it through the training.
Don't worry that SIA cadet program will end. As long as you see "foreign talent" donning the SIA uniform, you know they do not have enough pilots.