PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 18:40
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Harry Wragg
For all those who no longer wish to fly BA, then please go away. I'm sure all the other airlines are just fabulous. Who knows the empty seats may bring our brilliant management to its senses. Harry
Avoiding the temptation to use a very rude word, Harry, empty seats mean financial collapse and no jobs for you and thousands of others, NOT "bringing the management to its senses". What vintage 1970's union notions you do have.

BA strikes are no longer underwritten by the taxpayers, in case you hadn't noticed.

I would agree, though, that a deeper problem than mindless cabin and ground staff, and the dinosaur unions pulling their strings, is the dreadful BA senior and middle back-office management who allowed things to get like this. Most (90%?) of the time-serving incompetents could be fired tomorrow with no perceptible loss in terms of BA's service standards, safety or productivity, and with a huge gain in profitability. Start at the very, very top, WW, and work down.

BA's Directors and Managers should be frog-marched round the White House at Dublin Airport, from which a better - profitable - airline is better run, to get some ideas about which of them should go. They might do this instead of the next bonding and blue sky thinking country house weekend.

The White House trip could be quite scary for the likes of the Deputy Group Manager, Cabin Floor Cleaning Services Personnel Allocation Team (Scottish Region), to see that a relatively tiny number of people can run a large airline efficiently.

I apologise to the holder if there is such a job title; I made it up, but you never know. If there is, please substitute Director, Engineering Information External Intelligence Office, or Policy Review Advice Team Manager.

I can invent non-jobs all day, because I once
learned this skill as an air transport consultant.