PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 17:22
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that was an excillent post Cheekyvisual.

I can say that i can't find anything wrong with it, I do know that the tent has been brought down and a strucure is being built instead of it, i believe it will be A proper baggage belt and hopefully an extension to the departure loung.

By looking at the CWL masterplan i guess the reason why the new walkways look temperary is that they wish to extend the walkway by the year 2015, in the direction of BAMC on stand 13. (4 Stands each side of the walkway, facing each other, with walkway in middle. This would increase the number of stands by 2. Also the disused runway would be used as a taxiway. But we would loose all the Echo stands that are used for rugby flights.

http://info.cwlfly.com/en/content/4/274/masterplan.html

A lot more will need to be done though to attract decent new airlines into CWL, including the Transport Infrastructure and improved access to the airport. (Hopefully the successful bid at St Athan, will help this one come sooner rather than later).

I have also heard rumours that all of upstairs will become the departure lounge, i believe this will help things and also possibly give more area for retail.

I don't believe that the 4th WW A/C will come this year, but 'if Flybe' expands quickly at CWL then we may see BMI Baby also expand quickly at CWL as they are doing at Birmingham.