PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 03:05
Samara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies

Hi Ands,

Many thanks for your kind words of encouragement, it's good to have positive feedback despite my age. However, after reading the reply from Flame Lily FX, it would seem that there would be little, if no point in applying bearing in mind my age. Anyhow, I'll give it some thought and see if they have an Open Day in and around NZ in the future and consider giving it a go.

Flame Lily FX,

Thanks so much for that info, very helpful indeed. I thought that there might be an age limit, friends of a friend of friends etc, have previously applied to Emirates and they too were over 35 and although two of them got to the second round of interviews, were rejected and felt that it was due to their ages. Funnily enough, one of them who flies for a large and well known international carrier went for a position of cabin crew at Emirates, didn't get through the second stage but went for a position of Galley Co-ordinator and Inflight Manager with Silverjet and was offered the position of Inflight Manager with Silverjet in the UK. He said that his interviewer at Silverjet was an ex-cabin crew recruiter from Emirates who had only recently resigned from Emirates to start with Silverjet, who had told him that there was an age limit of 30 for Emirates even though it was never mentioned on their website. He flies any day now with Silverjet who had their inaugural flight on25th January, which I hear was very successful. So at least there was a happy ending to his application, every cloud has a silver lining! Perhaps you and I could consider applying to Silverjet!! Either way, when perusing other potential cabin crew opportunities on the aviation job search website, I noticed that all the other companies based in the Middle East at least stated an upper age limit, discriminatory or not. Just wish that Emirates would state it in their adverts as then you would know whether you would be wasting their time and yours. Oh well, I guess they think that us "oldies" just aren't up for the job. Would be nice to see a broader spectrum of ages in Emirates though, I'm sure we'd be able to do the job just as well. Who knows, maybe they'll reconsider and up the age limit one day, always the optimist!! Thanks again for your info.