PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence Issue & Applying for Jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 22:47
pathological_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Contacting airlines...

Hi there!
Have been searching through the threads and haven't been able to get an answer to this so sorry if it has been asked already. I'm about to start my CPL/ME/IR in the next few weeks and should be finished (hopefully!) in a few months time. At this point, I would like to begin contacting airlines with regard to potential jobs as it seems to me too late to be starting once I have my fATPL.
However, that's when all the questions start... should I simply attach a cover letter to my CV (showing my current qualifications and my future training plans) and send it to companies so that they can keep it on file?... should I email the documents or use the post? Also, many companies seem to use the online app process now, but if I don't have all the necessary qualifications at the moment, would entering my details now cause a problem?
You'll appreciate that at the moment, I'm keen to do everything to boost my chances, but am also aware that I could damage them. It would be great to get some advice from people who have already been through this, or get some info on what people have done themselves. Maybe someone knows of a good "get a pilot job" preparation book? Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers guys