PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apache and Royal Marines
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 18:51
GPMG

CR, I'm a bit tired at the moment but your accusations are a bit over the top.
Limited ability for banter? I'm fine for banter, got me into trouble many a time as I like to see the joke in things even when it's serious, got me through the tough times , if you can't stand piss taking then don't take the piss. But I'm sure you'll realize that calling someone a walt is pretty low, how am I to prove otherwise? And that accusation would wind any ex serviceman or women up if meant seriously.

And now I'm a loser am I? What I did was ask a couple of questions amongst all of the backslapping and good shows etc.

Yes it was an awesome effort, yes the people involved deserve respect and awe, they have it from myself, my mate and by the looks of it everyone. I asked why an RSM and a Capt RE were on the mission, that has been cleared up (Apaches at HQ, HQ personnel probably the only people available hence the 2 x sigs Marines). Good that’s understood.

But there are still other things to be answered about the operation and I'm sure they will be. Except of course why our military do not have access to the right kit (troop carrying helo's that can work at the altitudes that our troops are operational?)

Yeah you got a bite and I'd bite anytime some fool accuses me of being a liar or a fake I'm proud of my time in the corps, but the only reason that I read this particular forum is because it is populated by some knowledgeable and well informed people mixed with a bit of good humour but not childish. Shame it's not 100% across the board.