PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 12:25
wbryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep Fouga, I would agree...if you train in a different environment to the one your aiming to fly in then you will need to adapt and thats an avoidable stress...its not a major worry or a big reason not to train in Greece, regardless where you do your training their will always be local considerations which will help factor your decision, my own reasons for not going to Greece well, its a lot of little things that all add up imo and in the end I decided their was too many of them, so I went for the safer and probably the harder option...as much as I would've loved a year out in Greece but unfortunately us poor modular students only really get one clear shot at this!
I visited Egnatia and have no doubt it would be a great place to learn, its very cost effective and it gets you away from your daily life. Its still a relatively new FTO and it will take its time for them to make their own reputation as a provider, good or bad thats in their hands. With their current directors passion for aviation then I dont think this will be a problem, but theirs a lot of little things they could change which would enhance their whole package...good luck to anyone out their training and say hi to Vic for me, the guys falling off the radar scope! Vic, squawk Ident!