PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BoganAir and Mr Eslake
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 11:45
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiskey Oscar Golf - Thanks mate.

I don't think it was me that initially dragged the B word into the discussion but that doesn't matter. Non so called bogans are probably a bigger source of angst in regard to what we have been discussing.

We do a heap of bookings for the local Holden HSV/Ford jacket wearing crowd, treat them as well as we can and they come back. They trust us and I have had many a beer at the RSL with ladies and gents I have made bookings for. In a lot of ways I am a bogan I suppose. Much rather have a beer than a chardie!!!

I stand in awe of any of the great guys who can run a diagnostic on the 300zx and then act on the codes the car gives them.

I can construct a price killer fare anywhere, but I am damned if I can find even a plug lead under the bonnet of the Z. They never went to Uni (nor did I) but they are geniuses in my mind.

I was born and bred in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne but went to school with may "wogs" who were great mates, many yiddish kids who were the same and even the odd Asian kid in those days. Bogans did not come into the mix, but after 30 years in service industry in DPO I think I now have all bases covered.

Right down to a bloke and someone elses wife coming blasting in to the carpark at Wynyard in a 351 falcon Superbird with one mag on fire due to it blowing a tyre through Hellyer Gorge closely followed by a very irate hubby in a V8 Charger.

That was an interesting depatch - nearly as interesting as the fight beforehand!

No apology is required mate.

I sticketh out chin - I deserveth to be tapped.

Best regards

EWL