PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BoganAir and Mr Eslake
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 11:02
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks GUARD, but it was pretty poor form on my part.

Generally I bite my tongue but I lost it in this case and went the full mongrel.

I appreciate your sentiments and cannot say that if the same circumstance presented that I would not have gone exactly the same way even with 20/20 hindsight.

Maui also intimated that if he margins are not good enough - get out. Also a good call. The industry is not brilliant, but our Corporate and niche market involvement makes it viable. As I said I drive a sports car. An $11,000 sports car and love it to death. If it does not have a Z on the nose, I do not want to know it. Simple tastes.

The Agency has funded one son through Uni in Hobart and is funding the second along with all the accommodation and car costs involved. Travel has been good to me (despite 3 retrenchments and 3 airlines) for 30 years and Airline was my first love for as long as I can remember, right back to Santa arriving at Essendon in VH-THA (or B before it was abandoned in the Antarctic). This is as close as I can get these days, but I am still there. Sort of.

I despair at what has happened to the industry and to you good left and right seaters. Boomer Collins (TN) was my pseudo Uncle and still is my hero long beyond his passing.

We all get on with it.

I just hope Maui will cut me enough slack to allow one act of bastardry in an office that gets monstered with online mistakes, no baggage screams and questions relating to bookings we have not had any hand in.

My clients are my life, and these Wallies eat up time we should be using to service them.

Best regards

EWL