PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Lexington ATC was NOT doing traffic count after he cleared Comair 5191 for takeo
Old 27th Jan 2007, 22:16
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had just a cursory read though the transcript (from the FAA site), and I'm not a qualified Incident Investigator (yet), but after the take-off clearance is issue, there is the small matter of a pesky little Eagle Flight and WEATHER (surely something you remember as a controller yourself that can increase your workload just a little bit ).

The controller is obviously doing more than sitting there singing along to the radio or with his thumb up his ass, as HE enquires if the Eagle's heading is going to work. Reading that transcript, it seems the controller is either looking out the window or at the radar (what sort of Wx display does LEX have on their radar?).

Much has been speculated and debated just where Comair's position was when cleared for takeoff (I'll let you do the searches of this site) and the airport/runway layout where Rwy 22 and 26 are in relation to each other. (Have a little read of this)

I could continue, but I'm betting, based on previous form, you're not really interested in anything other than your "beliefs".

Your post is nothing but negativity and poorly assumed rambling about a very unfortunate event.