PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Evac Q
Thread: Evac Q
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2007, 13:59
END BAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evac Q

This is something i have often wondered about because as part of my job every day at some stage of the shift i will be on duty on the ambulift.Many times the person rquiring the ambulift will be paraplegic often as a result of motorbike accidets /car crashes etc. which means the only way that person can get on the a/c isby me and another person lifting them from wheelchair to carry chair then carrychair to seat.often it will also involve lifting them across two more seats once we are on the a/c until they are in their proper seat.to do this one person will be at the legs and feet end while the other person reaches over the top of the seat to lift under the shoulders or across the chest.if your passenger is around the 14 to 18 stone mark believe me you have got to be very strong and also at least 5-10 to 6 foot to reach over the seat.Most of the a/c i work on are holiday charter flights so the person will just be travelling with family off on their annual holiday.why i have often thought about this is because it is mostly holiday charter flights you often see the cabin crew are young ,new just starting in their careers and often quite slim and petite. i just think how on earth would they be able to lift an 18 stone paraplegic from their seat to safety