PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2007, 13:33
IRISHEMIRATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open Day

Hi everyone,

Ive just been to an open in the UK and thought I would share my experience with you. I arrived before 9 am which was fine becasue they dont start talking to people until this time. We all sat down and they asked us to fill out two forms and give us some information about Emirates. They played videos about Emirates and while they did this everyone just chated and then went up one by one to speak with the 2 recruiters. One was called Kim and the other Michelle (both were Austrilian). They told us before we went all they wanted was our CV and a picture (they said it didnt even matter if u didnt have a picture because they could get them latter in your application-even know its says to bring them with you. I noticed that other people have mentioned about bringing letters of recommendations which i did but they told us that they didnt want this). when i went up i said good morning and asked how they were. One of the recruiters took and CV and made a comment about me working in a hotel and asked was it is the same one that the crew stay in during their layover from Dubai. I said yes and she then asked me what the room rates were for emirates employees because we have a contract with them and asked about discounts, I told her and she said thanks and said that was it, she never asked me anything about my application or applying to Emirates or anything to do with me. Then we had to wait about a hour while they went through all the applicants, there was only about 42 people. Then one of the recruiters left the room and the other played the video followed by questions. The other recruiters then returned with the cvs and asked us to pick up a letter with our number on it. I never made it through the first stage. I was sooo gutted firstly because I have put so much effort into my application in terms of my cv, photos, application form and the way I looked. Also I have loads of customer service experiecne and I am studying hospitality management at the moment. I felt like I never got a fair chance because she spent less than 1 min with me and never asked me any questions regarding myself. I was really annoyed with this because I had done some much research and read all the posts on this forum about smiling, standing up straight etc.

I noticed that some of the people that did get through were the ones that took smoke breaks. Also there was people with airline experience that didnt get through. All in all it was a disapointing experience and felt that the process was quite bad. It made me rethink the company and I dont think I would reapply.

If anyone has any other questions they want to ask about the first part of the open day please feel free to ask.