PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BoganAir and Mr Eslake
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2007, 04:38
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point well taken Maui, and yes - what I did was extremely poor "customer" care.

You have the intellect to book online. or with an agent without having the keyboard disabled by saliva, and also have the nouse to know who you are calling and can use a phonebook.

When your busy day gets constant and at times abusive interventions from the "shallow end" that also costs you money in 1800 charges, we reserve the right to occasionally get bent out of shape.

As for the Telstra etc reference, I do not make unsolicited calls to anyone, and my genuine existing and prospective clients get the best possible care.

Unlike the internet, I can be called at all hours if things go pear shaped for a client.

I am not a "boganophile" as many of my clients a professional surfers who are dedicated athletes, but can be a little short on common sense and need to be pulled out of the poo at all hours of the night in locations I initially had to look up.

This idiot was not my client so I had no duty of care.

I respect your call as to not using Travel Agents. Many people do that.
When it all goes pear shaped in the middle of nowhere, what are you going to do? Call the Internet? It has an unlisted number and does not care.

I will probably not ever do the same thing again, but when you are in the middle of an ugly mileage fare construction that has taken 2 hours and cop a life support system for a dick calling in on your toll free number for something that has nothing at all to do with you, happy nice thoughts go West.

Sorry if I offended you with the original post Maui. I have a very high flash point, and this dude got past it.

Oh yes - and Whiskey Oscar Golf - you will not find me in an Audi - ever! I have a 1992 300ZX twin turbo that I adore. It cost me a whole $11,000 and I have spent another $4000 on her to ensure all belts and bits were up to spec. 94000kms on the girl. I have no GPS. The newer Z is courtesy of my late father. He passed away in June last year and loved the '84 with the tops out. He would have enjoyed the Z32 he bought for me.

As for being an uncaring arsehole (not said, but implied) , you might ask the little old lady that we took in to our office after she face planted the hotmix outside our office and opened up her scalp if my staff and I care about people. She was well cared for and the paramedics that took her away were well pleased as she was. Lovely old lady came back in after she was OK to say thanks. I try to be a decent human being at most times. Sometimes I drop the ball but my wife and spaniel still love me.

There are 2 subspecies now mate. Us and them - the them part of the equation is well aware of where the Centrelink office is and how to drag the maximum dollar out of it. I am sure you would have trouble telling someone where the nearest one was as I would.

The Us part of the deal pays for it.

Best regards
Ron
EWL

Last edited by Eastwest Loco; 27th Jan 2007 at 13:23.