PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RansMail
Thread: RansMail
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 19:59
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RansMail

Hi all. I have been asked to post this. The original poster had posted yesterday but the thread has gone missing so here it is.........
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microlight Single seat Rans S4 & S5 group for all users or would be flyers.

If you are thinking of a light safe and proven Fun to Fly real 3 axis a/c, the microlight PFA Permit Rans S4 [tail wheel] or S5 [tricycle] could be just the solution.

This lesser known model from 10 to 15 years ago has proven its utility & is still supported by Rans USA origin for spares. With the virtually bomb proof Rotax 447 up front one can have lots of economical time aloft. Long if modest speed flights are quite feasible e.g. Sussex to Devon non stop, whilst landing speeds and distances are amazingly short, so any reasonable field is possible. They have an excellent rate of climb & my average consumption is under 2 gph mogas & airspeed ~55 mph. I bought one 3 years ago and it's become the answer to nearly all my needs.
Anyone is welcome to join a free & informal monthly news e-mail group whether you already have a Rans flying, or on rebuild, or who wish to see if this marque is for you.

E-mail me:- Mikehallam at btinternet dot com

Regards,

Mike