PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin HR100-200B
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 16:56
dmjw01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed - the one I fly is a Continental powered one, but I don't imagine the performance figures are very different. The 6-cylinder TCM IO-360 is lovely and smooth though!

I'm fairly new to the aircraft myself; we only bought G-BAPY in August. I tend to cruise at 65% power (23"/2400 at normal bimbling altitudes), which gives 125 knots indicated. I lean to about 10 USG per hour.

If you fill just two of the tanks you have about 5 hours endurance at that power, and the aircraft is a genuine four-person machine with some baggage. Perhaps not a load lifter in the same league as a C182, but still pretty decent. Fill all four tanks to the top, and it's really a two-person machine. It's not really a short strip machine, although the figures in the POH are very conservative.

A curiosity of the fuel system (on ours at least) is the fact that the excess fuel that's not consumed by the engine is always returned to the left-main tank, regardless of which tank it came from. At my normal cruise power, it tends to drain from the selected tank at about double the fuel burn rate, so if you're on one of the "other" tanks it will drain at about 20 gallons per hour, and the left-main will fill up at about 10 gallons per hour. Some variants have a modification so that the fuel return goes back to the same tank it came from.

Regarding maintenance, it's early days for our group yet - but this is a fairly scarce aircraft and parts can be awkward to get hold of. They have a reputation for corrosion too. If you're looking at a Lycoming powered one then it would have the advantage that the Lycoming IO-360 is a commonplace engine.

Must get around to finishing off some of the other pages about G-BAPY. So little time...